TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR OBTAINING NATIONAL HOUSING FUND LOANS (NHF)
WHO CAN APPLY
- Any Nigerian above the age of 18
- Applicant must be a contributor to the National Housing Fund for a minimum
period of six months.
- Applicant must have satisfactory evidence of regular flow of income to guarantee
- The loan shall be for the purpose of building, purchasing, or renovating a
- No loan shall be for refinancing
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicant is to apply through a duly licensed and accredited mortgage loan
originator (MLO) of his/her choice and not directly to Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN).
- The MLO of the applicant’s choice must be accredited by FMBN to access the NHF
- Application forms for NHF loans are obtainable from the MLO
SECURITY FOR THE LOAN
- The property for which the loan is sought shall serve as security for the loan.
- The property shall conform with the existing planning laws and regulations
(approved building plan).
- The property shall possess sufficient value to recover the loan.
- A mortgage property shall be insured against hazards
- The loan shall be secured by first legal mortgage of the property
between the applicant and the mortgage loan originator and assigned to FMBN.
HOW MUCH TO APPLY FOR
- A borrower is entitled to a maximum loan of fifteen million naira
(N15, 000,000.00) or as determined by the Bank.
- No individual should be given a loan in excess of 90% of the cost or value
of the property to be mortgaged.
- Equity contribution based on the new loan amounts is as follows:
- N15,000,000.00 - 30%
- N10,000,000.00 - 20%
- N5,000,000.00 - 10%
- Interest rate shall be as prescribed by the National Housing Fund Act
which is not more than 6% p.a.
SECURITY FOR THE LOAN
- The maximum repayment period shall be 30 years.
- Individual borrower shall make repayment through the mortgage loan
originator through which they obtained the loan.
For further enquiries please contact Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, Plot 266
Cadastral AO CBD, Abuja Or any of our state offices nearest to you. You can also contact our dedicated NHF Loans Help Desk Officer: Bello Gabdo via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 09-2920689, 09-2920690